Thursday, July 4, 2013

The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER! - 4th of July Edition

Okay so I know it's a little late to be doing a post on 4th of July since the day is halfway over. But I couldn't help myself! And not to mention, I'm doing this even though I should be at my girlfriends already....hopefully when I show up with extra goodies she won't be too mad. :) These cookies have been my go-to cookie for a few years now and everywhere I take them or even when they just stay at home there's never any left. I'm telling you you'll never want another cookie again! Even the cookie dough is good! Which lets be serious, that's the real reason we bake in the first place, isn't it?


Don't they look amazing!? I need that milk even before I start eating because I can taste them already! Okay so I'll keep it short and sweet and get right to the recipe. These can be made with any type of chocolate chips you prefer, or in this case, M&M'S. I usually use the standard semi-sweet chocolate chips, but if you fancy another type go for it!


Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
 (makes about 4 dozen)

2 cups plus 4 Tbs all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tbs pure vanilla extract
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups choice chocolate chips (or other candy)

Preheat oven to 375F. Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Gradually add both sugars until well combined, and light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, making sure not to overbeat, but just until combined. Add vanilla. Add flour mixture in batches of 3, until fully incorporated. Fold in chips. Make sure you're folding and not stirring, so the batter doesn't become overbeat.
Take your cookie scoop and place dough balls about 1-2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. If you don't have a cookie scoop, spoons or your hands will work also. I like the scoop so that they all come out uniform. Cook 8 minutes or until edges are just slightly turning brown. Let cool on baking sheet about 2 minutes to allow further cooking. Transfer to a wire rack. This will ensure they stay soft and chewy on the inside!
Eat and Enjoy!


Ohhh doesn't that just make you want to eat them all!? I can't stand it any longer I must leave so I can finish them off before everyone else does! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do and please continue to visit me. As always, Have A Sweet Day!
Stephanie

Sharing this post at Feathered Nest Friday, Party Junk

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting Fluff Cupcake! If you make any of the recipe,please leave a comment and let me know how they turned out!
Stephanie